Yesterday’s shopping trip was not as frugal as last week for the $350 budget. We were running low on a few staples, which required a trip to Costco. Buying in bulk ultimately saved me money, but the up front cost is higher than at the grocery store. In addition, our last kid birthday party of the fall is happening this weekend. Dietary needs for a couple of guests means that a few atypical items found their way in to my shopping cart.
This week, I shopped at one of our local grocery chains, Dollar Tree, Costco, CVS, and an online retailer called Bloom Naturals. Bloom Naturals carries a line of natural and organic skin care products.
I am also including a non-purchased item to our list today. A friend gave us onion plants to overwinter this year, for the purpose of having a continuous supply of green onions until next summer. You’ll hear more about the onions another time.
At the end of today’s post, you’ll see our weekly menu plan.
- Pears (3 lb.), Celery (1), Romaine lettuce (2 heads), $7.28
- Parmesan cheese (8 oz.), Cream cheese (1 lb.), Eggs (1 dozen), $8.33
- Lentils (1 lb.), Fettuccine noodles (1 lb.), Canned soup (19 oz.), $2.86 after free soup coupon
- Gluten free penne pasta (12 oz.), Gluten free chocolate cake mix (16 oz.), $6.42
- Total: $24.89
- Skim milk (3 gal.), $8.10
- Lactose free milk (1.5 gal.), $7.49
- Butter (4 lb.), $10.99
- Powdered sugar (7 lb.), $3.99
- Graham crackers, (3 lb., 9.6 oz.), $7.69
- Total: $38.26
- Saline solution (10 oz.), $7.99 after $1.00 Extrabucks redemption
- Peroxide contacts solution (12 oz.), $6.99 after coupon
- Total: $16.25 after tax (I also earned $5.00 in Extrabucks that will be used as a discount on my next CVS shopping trip!)
- Animal crackers (11 oz.), Pretzels (12 oz.), $2.00
- Tortillas (30 ct., 8 inch), $3.00
- Total: $5.00
- Spot Treatment (.35 oz.), free!!
- Total: $6.00 for shipping (I had a coupon code that gave me the product for free.)
Free from Friends:
- Onions to overwinter in the kitchen (14), free!!
Grand Total: $90.40
Month Total: $251.28
I have $98.72 left to spend in October, and the month is half over. I will have to watch my shopping cart closely, but that is definitely a realistic amount for me.
Baked oatmeal (something new this time!), cereal, cinnamon bread, toast
Soup, quesadillas, sandwiches, burritos, breakfast for lunch (pancakes & eggs), fruit & veggies
- Macaroni & cheese, lettuce salad, applesauce
- Tuna melts, mashed potatoes, lettuce salad
- Beefy rice, carrots, lettuce salad
- BBQ chicken pizza, lettuce salad, tomatoes
- Grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup, green beans
- Pasta bar, lettuce salad
What are you eating this week? Send me an email or comment below!