Another week has passed, and a few more purchases were made for the $350 budget. This week, I shopped at two of our local grocery store chains.
After last week’s shopping trip, we had $237.27 left to spend on grocery and household items for the month of October. If you missed that post, you can access it here: $350 Budget Update – 10/1.
At the end of today’s post, you’ll see a glimpse of our weekly menu.
Local Chain #1:
- Braeburn apples (2.26 lb.), Navel oranges (2 lb.), $3.99
- Milk (1 gal.), $3.39
- Discount for using reusable bags, -$0.05
- Total: $7.33
Local Chain #2:
- Romaine & green leaf lettuce (1 head ea.), $3.76
- Milk (2 gal.), Shredded cheddar cheese (1 lb.), $6.50 after free cheese coupon
- Bottled tea (59 oz.), Apple juice (1 gal.), $1.76 after tea and juice coupons
- Dried pasta (5 lb.), $3.92 after coupon
- Salsa (32 oz.), Oyster crackers (36 oz.), $7.90
- Canned tuna (3 lb., 2 oz.), Green beans (5 lb., 7 oz.), Corn (7 lb., 10 oz.), $9.12 after coupon
- Canned tomatoes (5 lb., 7 oz.), Black olives (36 oz. dry wt.), $7.86 after coupon
- Total: $40.82
Grand total: $48.15
Month total: $160.88
This shopping trip, I spent only 43% as much money as last week, and we still have $189.12 left in the budget for the rest of October. As can be seen by the large quantity of canned goods purchased, I managed to stock up on a fair number of vegetables. Most of the produce we eat is fresh or frozen, but we do supplement with canned items in our casseroles and soups.
Cinnamon roll baked oatmeal, toast, cereal, muffins, pancakes
This is my bread recipe: Homemade bread
Bean & cheese burritos, sandwiches, egg burritos, loaded baked potatoes, fruit & veggies
- Chicken pot pie, lettuce salad
- Rice & beans, homemade applesauce
- Hamburger gravy over potatoes, bread, lettuce salad
- Tuna noodle casserole, green beans, lettuce salad
- Bean & lentil enchiladas with salsa dip, corn
- Chicken chili in bread bowls, lettuce salad
- Hamburgers, oven fries, carrots
What are you eating this week? Let us know in a comment or e-mail!