Merry Christmas! Hopefully, you are officially done spending time in grocery stores before the big day. It seems the Christmas spirit often escapes people standing in checkout lines before any holiday. I am extremely grateful to be done grocery shopping!
In the spirit of spending time celebrating with family, you will find my post a little shorter than usual today. Never fear, we are still having frugal (and sometimes bizarre) kitchen adventures. Life is never dull in the Team Made Family home.
This week I shopped at CVS, one local grocery chain, and the Dollar Tree. My out of pocket expense was not too bad, and we will have plenty of wiggle room in the budget to carry us through the rest of December. At the end of today’s post, you will see our weekly menu plan.
- Ranch dressing mix (1.13 oz.), Diced tomatoes (29 oz.), Green beans (14.5 oz.), Corn (40.5 oz.), $3.63 after coupons
- Peanut butter cups (4.4 oz.), Apple cider (1 gal.), $3.88 after coupons
- Ham (1 lb.), $4.68
- Celery (1), Clementines (4 lb.), Romaine lettuce (1 head), Green onions (1 bunch), $9.42
- Pizza (4.3 lb.), $8.88 after coupons
- Eggs (2 doz.), Milk (1 gal.), Cream cheese (1 lb.), Almond milk (1/2 gal.), $12.58 after coupons
- Total: $43.07
- Maxi pads (44 ct.), Dish detergent (10.3 oz.), $4.33 after coupons
- Total: $4.33 plus I earned $1.89 in Extra Bucks to use on my next shopping trip
- Potato chips (6 oz.), Apple bars (10 oz.), $2.00
- Flour tortillas (2 lb.), $2.00
- Total: $4.00
Grand Total: $51.40
We have $60.84 left for the month. I will probably use a portion of that for our food club share and the remainder will round out the last few days of December.
Bacon & egg burritos, toast & eggs, pancakes & eggs, muffins
Sandwiches, pizza, fruits & veggies
Spaghetti, lettuce salad
Fish, rice, mixed veggies, lettuce salad
Bean burritos, lettuce salad, corn
Italian dunkers, lettuce salad
Dinner with family (x2)
What foods are a Christmas tradition for your family? Let me know in an email or comment below!