This week I shopped at a few more stores than I have in while. Our spending was not out of control, but we had some stocking up to do. Thankfully, our monthly household budget is still in good shape.
If you are new to my weekly budgeting posts, you can catch the original story here. This week I went to four stores: Walmart, two local chains, and our gluten free bakery. I am also going to deduct a third of the cost for 40 lb. of chicken I pre-purchased from Zaycon Foods. It gets delivered next month, but I am offsetting the cost of it over three months instead of one.
I spent more than I intended at the gluten free bakery. They moved to a new location, and the reduced price freezer was not anywhere I could find. Hopefully this is temporary, or I am going to have to perfect my terrible gluten free baking skills. In addition, the buy two, get one fifty percent off scenario I was promised did not happen correctly and I was overcharged. Unfortunately, I failed to check the receipt until I got home. Frugal fail.
As always, our weekly menu is posted down below.
- Potato chips (16 oz.), Sour cream (16 oz.), Lip balm (0.15 oz.), $6.68
- Total: $6.68
- Monthly chicken deduction: $22.53
- Total: $22.53
Gluten Free Bakery
- Bread (19 oz.), Bagels (14 oz.), Buns (11.4 oz.), $13.97
- Total: $13.97
Local Chain #1:
- Olives (12 oz.), Salad dressing (92 oz.), Ground beef (5.97 lb.), $22.86
- Total: $22.86
Local Chain #2:
- Tortillas (3 lb.), Pasta (3 lb.), Doritos (10 oz.), Diced tomatoes (14.5 oz.), Bear cookies (10 oz.), Granola bars (4.5 oz.), Tortilla chips (40 oz.), Spaghetti sauce (48 oz.), $17.09
- Pork chops (2.28 lb.), Chicken breast (2.5 lb.), Eggs (1.5 doz.), Almond milk (1 gal.), $11.81 after coupons
- Apples (3.49 lb.), Oranges (4 lb.), Lettuce (1), Pears (3.36 lb.), Potatoes (5 lb.), Strawberries (2 lb.), Corn (1 lb.), Green beans (1 lb.), Peas (1 lb.), Mixed veggies (2 lb.), $17.15 after coupon and Checkout 51 rebate
- Total: $46.05
Grand Total: $112.09
Total for February: $180.06
We have $219.94 left to spend in February. We should be in good shape for the rest of the month.
Muffins, Homemade Granola, toast, pancakes, eggs, fruit
Burritos, sandwiches, rice & beans, hard boiled eggs, crackers, Homemade Mac & Cheese, fruits & veggies
Tuna noodle casserole, peas, lettuce salad
Pork chops, rice pilaf, green beans, lettuce salad
Italian dunkers, corn
Chicken tacos, mixed veggies
Veggie soup with black beans, Homemade Bread, lettuce salad
Homemade Hamburger Pizza, lettuce salad
How often do you make your own bread? Let me know in an email or comment below!