This week I was able to go much easier on the budget. I would have liked to spend a little less, but still… It was manageable. Hopefully we will still come in under budget for October. I am on a mission.
If you are new to my weekly budgeting posts, you can catch the original story here. This week I shopped at three stores: CVS, one local chain, and Walmart. I also got a box of free snacks in the mail from Graze. Graze is a subscription-based healthy snack service. For an extremely hefty fee, they ship a weekly box of goodies straight to customers’ doors.
The snacks were fine, and I was able to customize them to my dietary restrictions. That being said, I cancelled the subscription after receiving my free box. I can purchase and prepare snacks much more economically on my own.
As always, our weekly menu plan is listed below.
- Snack mix packets (4), free
- Total: free
- Maxi pads (72 ct.), $0.15 after coupons, tax, and Ibotta rebate
- Total: $0.15
- Milk (2 gal.), Almond milk (1 gal.), Ice cream (1.75 qt.), Soy yogurt (5.3 oz.), $15.43 after Ibotta, Checkout 51, and Walmart Savings Catcher Rebates
- Potatoes (10 lb.), Carrots (1 lb.), Apples (2.14 lb.), Strawberries (1 lb.), Mango (1), Peas (12 oz.), Black beans (2 lb.), Red beans (1 lb.), Lentils (1 lb.), Green beans (31.5 oz.), Lettuce (2), Bananas (2.21 lb.), $23.07 after Ibotta and Checkout 51 rebates
- Flour (25 lb.), Chicken breasts (3 lb.), Salad dressing (16 oz.), $13.51 after coupon
- Total: $52.01
- Pasta (2 lb.), Butter (1 lb.), $4.48
- Apples (1.89 lb.), Oranges (2.41 lb.), Lettuce (2), Pears (1.71 lb.), Garlic (0.11 lb.), $10.29
- Total: $14.62 after reusable bag discount
Grand Total: $66.78
October Total: $335.51
We have $64.49 to get us through the next ten days. Can I make it work? Maybe. If not, we will just barely squeak over the line.
Homemade granola, toast with peanut butter, pancakes, eggs, fruit
Quesadillas, sandwiches, rice & beans, Homemade Mac & Cheese, fruits & veggies
Fish, rice, carrots, lettuce salad
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza, green beans, mango
Lentil spaghetti, lettuce salad
Bratwurst on Homemade Buns, French fries, lettuce salad
Chili, crackers, lettuce salad
Potato soup, bread bowls, lettuce salad
Abbie cook (x1), lettuce salad
What is on the menu at your house this week? Send me an email or comment below!