Well, we went over budget for October. Not by much, though. I am not too upset about it. It has taken us longer than I wanted to dig out over the overspending hole from this summer, but it is slowly happening.
This week, I shopped at Walmart, the gluten free bakery, and one local chain. If you are new to my weekly budgeting posts, you can catch the original story here. As always, our weekly menu plan is written at the end of the post.
- Salad dressing (32 oz.), Tortilla chips (12 oz.), Chicken (3 lb.), $8.07 after coupon
- Bananas (1.75 lb.), Cabbage (3.55 lb.), Tomatoes (0.44 lb.), Mixed veggies (2 lb.), Corn (1 lb.), $6.11 after Checkout 51 rebate
- Total: $13.98 after reusable bag discount
Gluten Free Bakery
- Bread (19 oz.), Bagels (5 ct.), Sandwich buns (5 ct.), $9.00
- Total: $9.00
- Milk (3 gal.), Almond milk (1 gal.), Sour cream (1 lb.), Eggs (1.5 doz.), $18.85 after Ibotta rebate
- Lettuce (2), Celery (1), Apples (9 lb.), Corn (12 oz.), Hashbrowns (1.5 lb), Strawberries (1 lb.), Carrots (1 lb.), Peas (12 oz.), Diced tomatoes (14.5 oz.), Lemon (1), $20.06 after Ibotta rebate
- Gluten free pasta (1 lb.), Pasta (1 lb.), Tortilla chips (22 oz.), M & M’s (21.06 oz.), Bread (40 oz.), Tortillas (1 lb.), $11.48 after tax and coupon
- Ham (16 oz.), Chicken (3 lb.), Pepperoni (5 oz.), Hot dogs (1 lb.), Peanut butter (28 oz.), $17.14
- Total: $67.53
Grand Total: $90.51
Total for October: $426.02
So, we are just a smidge above $25.00 over. Not great. Not horrible either. Slowly, but surely, we will get back on track. Gluten free living for me is making the budget a bit tighter. So is avoiding the inexpensive chain store in town. Just this week I read an article about Aldi coming to our community again. Hopefully it will happen soon!
Toast, muffins, yogurt, zucchini bread, eggs, fruit
Burritos, sandwiches, quesadillas, fruit & veggies
Grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup, coleslaw
Chicken & rice, mixed veggies, coleslaw
Hot dogs on Homemade Buns, French fries, coleslaw
Chicken tortilla soup, lettuce salad
Homemade Pepperoni Pizza, lettuce salad
Pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns, fruit
Fish, rice, mixed veggies, lettuce salad
Do you ever have breakfast for supper? What are your favorite foods to eat then? Let me know in an email or comment below!