We had a better week with the budget. Yay! I only made a trip to one store–Aldi. My favorite. I was able to go there quick on our way back from last weekend’s camping excursion. It worked because I could put all of my perishables in the camper’s fridge. It is an unconventional way to shop for weekly groceries, but it worked.
In addition to my Aldi run, I am going to deduct our once monthly Costco membership portion on today’s budget. Since we do this five months a year, I will take out $11.00 today. If you are new to my weekly budgeting posts, you can catch the original story here. As always, our weekly menu is posted below.
- Membership deduction, $11.00
- Total: $11.00
- Almond milk (1 gal.), Whole milk (1 gal.), Parmesan cheese (8 oz.), Tortillas (2 lb.), $10.85
- Filled pasta (17.6 oz.), Dried pasta (2 lb.), Tomato soup (32.25 oz.), Saltines (2 lb.), Gluten free pasta (3 lb.), Chicken bouillon (2.2 lb.), Coconut oil (14 oz.), Graham crackers (28.8 oz.), Gluten free pretzels (8 oz.), $24.33
- Halloween candy (3.5 lb.), Hummus (20 oz.), Tilapia (3 lb.), Salmon (2 lb.), Salsa (2 lb.), Queso dip (15 oz.), $28.83
- Potatoes (5 lb.), Grapes (2 lb.), Cantaloupe (1), Strawberries (1 lb.), $7.56
- Total: $72.16 after tax
Grand Total: $83.16
Total for October: $152.42
We still have $247.58 left in the budget. Woot, woot.
Cereal with milk, toast with peanut butter, Homemade Granola, yogurt, fruit
Sandwiches, quesadillas, burritos, buttered noodles with beans, fruits & veggies
Rice and beans, cantaloupe
Fish, creamy pasta, mixed veggies, squash
Chicken sandwiches on Homemade Bread, baked potatoes, green beans
Hot dogs on Homemade Buns, oven fries, mixed veggies
Spaghetti, lettuce salad
Pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns, apples
Homemade Pizza, lettuce salad
What are your favorite cost savings tips at the grocery store? Let me know in an email or comment below!