November is a third over already. It is hard to believe, really. Were we not just carving pumpkins and handing out treats to children on our doorsteps? Oh well. Thanksgiving will be here soon, and it is a holiday I really enjoy.
This year, I am contributing pies to the family Thanksgiving meal. You will see occasional pie ingredients show up in the pictures but no pie on the menu. Alas, we will not be eating them as part of the regular rotation. Sad.
This week, I shopped at five stores: Walmart, CVS, Costco, Dollar Tree, and two local chains. I forgot to grab my receipt and take a picture for one of the local chains, but the total was pennies shy of $25.00. I will post that amount below sans picture. The Costco run made our weekly bill a little high, but that is normal. And I tried to plan ahead for that last week by intentionally spending a little less.
If you are new to my weekly budgeting posts, you can catch the original story here. As always, our menu for the week is listed down below.
Local Chain #1
- Total: $25.00 after reusable bag discount
Local Chain #2
- Lettuce (1), Margarine (15 oz.), “Cheese” slices (8 oz.), Almonds (0.39 lb.), Cinnamon (0.07 lb.), Oregano (0.01 lb.), $11.62 after coupon
- Total: $11.62
- Tortillas (2 lb.), Cinnamon (3 oz.), $3.00
- Total: $3.00
No picture, I ate them. Sorry…
- Gummy worms (8 oz.), $2.00
- Total: $2.00 plus I earned $2.00 Extrabucks to use on my next shopping trip
- Milk (2 gal.), Almond milk (0.5 gal.), Eggs (1.5 doz.), Whipped topping (8 oz.), $12.74 after Ibotta rebate
- Pasta (16 oz.), Instant pudding (7.8 oz.), Peanut butter (18 oz.), $4.54
- Total: $17.28
- Vegetable oil (6 qt.), Tortilla chips (6 lb.), Veggie Straws (25 oz.), Brown sugar (7 lb.), Oatmeal (10 lb.), $31.84
- Butter (4 lb.), Shredded cheddar (5 lb.), Dish detergent packs (115 ct.), $32.90 after tax
- Total: $64.74
Grand Total: $123.64
Total for November: $183.97
I feel very comfortable with this number. We have $216.03 left for the month, and I think that is great.
Toast w/ peanut butter, yogurt, Homemade Granola, muffins, pancakes, eggs, fruit
Quesadillas, rice & beans, sandwiches, Homemade Mac & Cheese, fruits & veggies
Chicken & potato soup, crackers, lettuce salad
Bratwurst on Homemade Buns, French fries, green beans
Hamburger gravy over rice, peas, lettuce salad
Chili, biscuits, lettuce salad
Baked potato bar with bacon & cheese, Homemade Bread, lettuce salad
Chicken fingers, pasta salad, green beans, lettuce salad
Pulled pork sandwiches, applesauce, lettuce salad
What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? Let me know in an email or comment below!