Happy Thanksgiving! I spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen baking this week. Apple crisp, buns, bread, granola, and pies. Three delicious pies. I even made one of them gluten and dairy free. Apple crumble pie, here I come!
This week I shopped at several stores, although none of the trips were large. I used up most of what we have left in our budget for the month, but that is okay. I should only need a few small items to get us through the remainder of November.
If you are new to my weekly budgeting posts, you can catch the original story here. This week I shopped at two local chains, CVS, Walmart, and Costco. Because I purchased items that were used for school projects or will become Christmas gifts, some items that I bought are not listed here. They come out of different budgeting categories.
As always, our weekly menu is listed at the end.
- Pasta (1 lb.), Diced tomatoes (14.5 oz.), Chicken breasts (3 lb.), Milk (2 gal.), Potatoes (10 lb.), Apples (5 lb.), $22.03 after Ibotta rebate
- Total: $22.03
- Tortilla chips (3 lb.), Almond milk (1.5 gal.), $11.38
- Total: $11.38
- Flavored water (16 oz.), Shampoo (6 oz.), Green beans (14.5 oz.), Granola bars (2.82 oz.), Saline solution (10 oz.), Eye shadow (3 color pack), Lipstick (1), $11.79 after coupons
- Total: $11.79 plus I earned $5.99 Extrabucks to use on my next shopping trip
Local Chain #1:
- Olives (18 oz.), Mandarin oranges (30 oz.), Pineapple (2), Corn (28 oz.), Peas (24 oz.), Mixed veggies (48 oz.), $13.01 after Checkout 51 rebate
- Butter (2 lb.), $4.00
- Total: $16.81 after reusable bag discount
Local Chain #2:
- 7-up (2 ltr.), Tomato sauce (58 oz.), Tortillas (30 oz.), Molasses (16 oz.), Crackers (17.6 oz.), Bear cookies (10 oz.), Granola bars (4.5 oz.), $12.56 after coupon
- Carrots (1 lb.), Celery (1), Lettuce (3), Oranges (???), $7.89 after coupons and Checkout 51 rebate
- Cottage cheese (22 oz.), Eggs (4 doz.), Whipped topping (9 oz.), Gluten free pie crusts (???), $12.87
- Total: $33.32
Grand Total: $95.33
Total for November: $368.15
We have $31.85 to get through the rest of the month. The groceries we have in the house (except for milk or fresh produce) should easily get us through the rest of November. So unless something ridiculous happens, we just might be back on track budget-wise next week. Hooray!
Homemade Granola, toast, muffins, eggs, fruit
Sandwiches, Rice & beans, burritos, Homemade Mac & Cheese, fruits & veggies
Chicken tacos, corn
Chili, biscuits, lettuce salad
Homemade Pepperoni Pizza, lettuce salad
Pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns, applesauce
Beefy rice, peas, lettuce salad
What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? Let me know in an email or comment below!