I have a “slight” addiction to tortilla chips. Due to my gluten and dairy free lifestyle, they are my snack food of choice most days. Costco has discontinued my favorite (and also least expensive) brand. I am sad. Slowly I am getting over my first world problem.
In other news, the grocery budget is still just fine. I have even purchased meat a couple of times without completely blowing things out of the water. If you are new to my budgeting posts, you can catch the original story here.
This week I shopped at five stores: CVS, Costco, Dollar Tree, and two local chains. As always, our weekly menu is at the end of the post.
- Maxi pads (88 ct.), $4.20 after coupons and tax
- Total: $4.20
- Tortilla chips (17 oz.), Pretzels (12 oz.), Corn chips (8.5 oz.), Animal crackers (12.1 oz.), $5.00
- Total: $5.00
- Flour (25 lb.), Veggie straws (50 oz.), Almond milk (1.5 gal.), $21.16 after coupon
- Total: $21.16
Local Chain #1:
I forgot to take a picture.
- Tuna (40 oz.), Baking powder (12 oz.), Pork chops (4.42 lb.), $14.69
- Total: $14.69
Local Chain #2:
- Peanuts (1 lb.), Corn (91.5 oz.), Green beans (87 oz.), Toilet paper (30 ct.), Cocoa mix (7.3 oz.), $15.71 after coupons and tax
- Potatoes (8 lb.), Peas (1 lb.), Lettuce (3), Apples (4.82 lb.), Tater tots (2 lb.), Pears (3.81 lb.), Carrots (2 lb.), $20.02
- Milk (3 gal.), Eggs (1 doz.), Bacon (12 oz.), Ham (1 lb.), $18.34
- Total: $49.07 after $5.00 off total purchase coupon
Grand Total: $94.12
Total for January: $292.28
We should be able to stay within budget for the rest of the month, so long as nothing strange happens. This is a good way to start the year.
Muffins, Homemade Granola, toast, pancakes, eggs
Sandwiches, quesadillas, rice & beans, fruits & veggies
Pork chops, rice, applesauce, lettuce salad
Chicken enchiladas, corn, lettuce salad
Tater tot casserole, Homemade Bread, lettuce salad
Potato & black bean soup, biscuits, lettuce salad
Homemade Mac & Cheese, green beans, lettuce salad
What are your favorite soups to eat in the winter? Let me know in an email or comment below!