Several good meat sales popped up in our community this week. I still purchased many dairy products and a lot of produce, too. We are nearly halfway through the month, and about half of our grocery budget is still available, too.
If you are new to my weekly budget updates, you can view the original budget post here.
This week, I shopped at five stores: Costco, CVS, and three of our local chains.
- Baking soda (13.5 lb.), Skim milk (2 gal.), Cottage cheese (3 lb.), $16.34
- Total: $16.34
- Cereal (24.2 oz.), $0.50 after coupon and Extra Bucks
- Total: $0.50, plus I received $1.00 Extra Bucks to use on a future purchase
Local Chain #1:
- Pasta (5 lb.), Chex mix (26.25 oz.), $8.00
- Avocados (3), Sliced mushrooms (1 lb.), $6.37
- Total: $14.27 after reusable bag discount
Local Chain #2:
- Tuna (30 oz.), Salad dressing (80 oz.), $7.79 after coupons
- Romaine lettuce (1), Roma tomatoes (1.54 lb.), $3.48
- Total: $11.27
Local Chain #3:
- Egg noodles (12 oz.), Chicken noodle soup (10.5 oz.), Popcorn (9.6 oz.), Garbanzo beans (2 lb.), Pasta sauce (92 oz.), Tuna (10 oz.), $7.98 after coupons
- Chicken breast (1 lb.), Bratwurst (28 oz.), Pepperoni (11 oz.), Pollock (10 lb.), Bacon (24 oz.), $30.30
- Bananas (1.7 lb.), Celery (1), Cucumbers (4), Apples (3 lb.), Lettuce (2), Green beans (2 lb.), Sunflower nuts (.85 lb.), $15.92
- Fels-Naptha (5 oz.), $1.28 after tax
- Total: $55.48
Grand Total: $97.86
February Budget Remaining: $204.00
Considering that a few of the meat items on my list this week were a “splurge,” this is a good amount of money to still have for the remainder of the month.
English muffins, eggs, muffins, yogurt, toast, Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal, cottage cheese, pancakes, bacon
Deviled eggs & crackers, sandwiches, buttered noodles & beans, burritos, fruits & veggies
Bean burritos, lettuce salad, corn
Bratwurst, lettuce salad, mixed veggies
Pepperoni calzones, lettuce salad
Pizza mac, corn, lettuce salad
Rice & beans, lettuce salad
Broiled fish, rice, green beans, lettuce salad
Supper at church (x1)
How do you keep grocery costs low? Email me or comment below!