I spent a little more than I hoped this week. My Norwex mop had a major accident and I was forced to order a replacement base for it. I attempted a fix with duct tape and a pencil. Fix-It Fred then made two repair attempts that also proved unsuccessful. I cannot complain, though. I have had the mop many, many years. And I use it pretty much every single day. It has served me well.
If you are new to my weekly budgeting posts, you can catch the original story here. In addition to my time spent on Norwex’s website, I also shopped at CVS, Dollar Tree, and two local chains.
Under my CVS and Dollar Tree lists, you will see two pictures for each store. This is because I had to quick photograph Valentine’s Day candy before snooping kids showed up and saw the stash. With the exception of one bag of Snicker’s that Todd claimed as his own, all of the candy was shared with the kids Valentine’s Day morning.
As always, our weekly menu is listed at the bottom of the post.
This is my attempt at a fix.
- Mop base, small, $34.34 after tax and shipping
- Total: $34.34
- Tortillas (2 lb.), Mustard (20 oz.), Animal crackers (11 oz.), $4.00
- Gift bags (3), Sweetarts (15 oz.), Tootsie Pops (7 ct.), Tissue paper (10 ct.), $6.45 after tax
- Total: $10.45
- Toothpaste (6 oz.), Reese’s (10.5 oz.), Snickers (21 oz.), $3.22 after coupons and tax
- Total: $3.22
Local Chain #1:
- Mushrooms (8 oz.), Shredded cheese (1 lb.), Milk (1 gal.), Almond milk (0.5 gal.), $12.08
- Total: $12.08
Local Chain #2:
- Lentils (16 oz.), Water (101.4 oz.), Popcorn (19.2 oz.), Taco shells (13.5 oz.), Bear cookies (10 oz.), Brownie mix (18.3 oz.), Tortilla chips (30 oz.), $7.70 after coupons
- Turkey breast (5.18 lb.), Bacon (24 oz.), Shredded cheese (1 lb.), Milk (2 gal.), Butter (2 lb.), Eggs (1.5 doz.), Almond milk (1 gal.), $33.16
- Apples (2.76 lb.), Carrots (2 lb.), Cucumbers (2), Celery (1), Lettuce (2), Pears (3.33 lb.), Tater tots (2 lb.), Peas & carrots (2 lb.), Peas (1 lb.), $16.46 after Checkout 51 rebate
- Total: $57.32
Grand Total: $117.41
Total for February: $297.47
We have $102.53 left to spend this month. That is less than I wanted, but should be enough to get us through. If we had not needed to replace the mop head, our budget would be in much better shape. Norwex is expensive, but if I consider all the cleaning products I have avoided purchasing in the many years this mop has blessed me, the new mop head has probably already paid for itself.
Homemade Granola, muffins, toast, pancakes & eggs, fruit
Quesadillas, sandwiches, rice & beans, hard-boiled eggs, hummus & crackers, burritos, Homemade Mac & Cheese, fruits & veggies
Pork, black bean, & potato soup, lettuce salad, Homemade Bread
Spaghetti, lettuce salad
Beefy rice, peas & carrots, lettuce salad
Baked potatoes with bacon & cheese, lettuce salad, Homemade Bread
Tater tot casserole, peas, lettuce salad
Egg burritos, tater tots, lettuce salad
Homemade Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza, lettuce salad, carrots
Do you use Norwex? How long have your products lasted? Let me know in an email or comment below!