We had a week that was easy on the grocery shopping budget at our house. Nearly everything I bought was on my regular “buy” list, so the trips in and out of the store were fast and painless.
All, that is, except for my adventure into Natural Grocers. I was looking for specific grocery items that are hard to locate in our local chains. I was excited to walk out with some new yummy herbal teas! I did not spend much, but I lingered in the aisles for an embarrassingly long time. What can I say? I like grocery stores.
If you are new to my $400 budget posts, you can read the original story here. This week, I shopped at one local chain, Dollar Tree, and Natural Grocers. At the end of today’s post, you will see our weekly menu plan.
- Tomato soup (64.5 oz.), Saltine crackers (1 lb.), Beef bouillon (3.75 oz.), Rice cakes (4.47 oz.), Cocoa mix (7.3 oz.), Raisins (20 oz.), $10.78 after coupons
- Chicken breast (5 lb.), Skim milk (1 gal.), Yogurt (2 lb.), Blueberry cake (1 lb.), $16.93
- Apples (3 lb.), Bananas (1.57 lb.), Blueberries (1 pt.), Carrots (4 lb.), Romaine lettuce (2), Oranges (8 lb.), Mushrooms (1 lb.), Onions (3 lb.), Green beans (2 lb.), Peas & carrots (1 lb.), $28.09 after Checkout 51 rebate
- Cream cheese substitute (8 oz.), Whipped topping (9 oz.), Soynuts (.45 lb.), Sunflower nuts (1.07 lb.), $10.07 after Checkout 51 rebate
- Total: $65.87 plus I received a $2.00 coupon to use on my next shopping trip
- Whale crackers (7 oz.), Tortillas (2 lb.), Pinto beans (2 lb.), $4.00
- Total: $4.00
- Coconut milk (.5 gal.), Herbal tea (40 ct.), $5.67 after coupon & Checkout 51 rebate
- Puffed rice cereal (6 oz.), Romaine lettuce (1), $3.58
- Total: $9.25
Grand Total: $79.12
February Budget Remaining: $124.88
Next week is our food club share distribution. I am undecided if we will participate this month or not. I do intend to use some of our leftover budget money over the next couple months to start squirreling away single-serving sized snacks. We have several upcoming vacations and getaways over the next few months and I want to start preparing.
Muffins, yogurt, cereal w/milk, cottage cheese, toast, eggs, Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal, French toast, bacon
Burritos, sandwiches, noodles & beans, peanut butter crackers, quesadillas, fruits & veggies
Bratwurst on Homemade Buns, corn, lettuce salad
Pepperoni pizza, lettuce salad
Macaroni & cheese, mixed veggies, lettuce salad
Salsa chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, French bread
Hamburger casserole, peas & carrots, lettuce salad
Spaghetti, lettuce salad
Supper at church (x1)
How do you keep your grocery budget in line? Send me an email or comment below!