Phil officially predicted six more weeks of winter this morning. I do not put faith in a groundhog’s ability to forecast the weather, but I suspect he is correct that we will continue enduring cold and snow for quite a while. Sad. I look forward to running errands without facing icy parking lot obstacle courses, even if it will not be soon.
In the meantime, I will continue wearing sensible shoes as I shuffle around town. This week, I shopped at two stores: CVS and one of our local chains. I also failed to mention in the post from last week that Todd’s parents brought us some food from the Food Share program we participated in previously. I forgot to take a picture of the frozen items: corn, pizza crusts, ground turkey, etc.
If you are new to my weekly budgeting posts, you can catch the original story here. As always, our weekly menu is listed below.
- Contacts solution (24 oz.), Toothpaste (6 oz.), Pantyliners (36 ct.), $10.41 after coupons and tax
- Total: $10.41 plus I earned $2.00 Extrabucks to use on my next shopping trip!
- Tomatoes (14.5 oz.), Spaghetti sauce (72 oz.), Mayo (60 oz.), Chex Mix (17.5 oz.), Animal crackers (11 oz.), Bear cookies (10 oz.), Granola bars (4.5 oz.), Pretzels (12 oz.), Tortilla chips (30 oz.), Potato chips (8 oz.), $16.34 after coupons
- Ground beef (3 lb.), Frozen pizza (21 oz.), Cream cheese (8 oz.), Milk (2 gal.), Almond milk (1 gal.), $22.74 after coupons
- Apples (2.04 lb.), Carrots (2 lb.), Celery (1), Lettuce (3), Oranges (2.73 lb.), Pears (3.07 lb.), Mushrooms (8 oz.), Strawberries (1 lb.), Corn (16 oz.), $18.48 after Checkout 51 rebate
- Total: $57.56
Grand Total: $67.97
I am kicking myself for leaving a $5.00 off $50.00 purchase coupon for our local chain at home when I shopped this week. I looked at it when I was making the list, and then completely spaced it out. Frugal fail.
We carried over $34.61 from January’s budget into February. Taking that into account, that means we still have $366.64 left this month. Considering that it is only the second day of the month, this sort of cushion is a pretty good thing.
Toast, cinnamon rolls, Homemade Baked Oatmeal, pancakes, eggs
Chili, lettuce salad, crackers
Bratwurst on Homemade Buns, mashed potatoes, lettuce salad
BBQ pork sandwiches, lettuce salad, carrots
Beefy rice, mixed veggies, lettuce salad
Chicken enchiladas, corn, lettuce salad
Spaghetti, lettuce salad
Scrambled eggs, tater tots, applesauce, muffins
We’re having breakfast for supper on Super Bowl night. How about you? Let me know in an email or comment below!