The month is almost over, and the budget is pretty much gone. I had to buy a new mop head last week, and that hurt things. In addition, my forty pounds of Zaycon chicken arrives soon, and I have been periodically deducting for that. Thankfully, we have plenty of food to get us through.
If you have been wondering why things have been a little silent around here on the blog lately, please do not fret. We are a-ok. I have begun working on preliminary tasks toward going back to college next spring. Between that new adventure and our family’s day-to-day craziness, Todd and I have spent way less time on the computer than normal. Hopefully we will be able to provide updates again on a better schedule soon.
This week I shopped at two stores: Costco and one local chain. If you are new to my weekly budgeting posts, you can catch the original story here. As always, our weekly menu plan is listed below.
- Flour (25 lb.), Almond milk (1.5 gal.), Milk (2 gal.), Cheese (5 lb.), Popcorn (46 oz.), $40.10 after tax
- Total: $40.10
I forgot to take the picture.
- Applesauce (3 lb.), Macaroni (2 lb.), Instant milk (25.6 oz.), Diced tomatoes (14.5 oz.), Freezer bags (20 ct.), Corn (30.5 oz.), $14.09 after coupons
- Apples (2.47 lb.), Carrots (2 lb.), Onions (2 lb.), Lettuce (2), Oranges (4 lb.), Pears (3.26 lb.), Potatoes (8 lb.), $16.32 after Checkout 51 rebate
- Tater tots (2 lb.), Mixed veggies (1 lb.), Eggs (1.5 doz.), Pretzels (12 oz.), Tortilla chips (20 oz.), $8.44
- Gluten-free cupcake mix (20 oz.), Gluten-free crackers (4.25 oz.), Gluten-free bagels (13.9 oz.), Gluten-free bread (14.3 oz.), Soynuts (0.61 lb.), $10.82 after Checkout 51 rebates
- Total: $49.67
Grand Total: $89.77
Total for February: $387.24
We have just enough left in the budget for February to get us through if the milk runs out a day early. We will not have any carry-over to speak of with our $12.76, but that is okay. This is a time of year that grocery sales are not too awesome, so just staying within budget is always a good thing.
Muffins, Homemade Granola, toast, fruit
Turkey, mashed potatoes, Homemade Bread, lettuce salad
Turkey vegetable soup, crackers, lettuce salad
Rice & beans, lettuce salad
Egg burritos, tater tots, applesauce
Eat out (x3)
What is on the menu at your house this week? Let me know in an email or comment below!