We are on break from school this week at our house. It has been a time full of catching up, organizing, and studying for me. In addition, we have been getting ourselves prepared for the next school year (activities, curriculum, school subjects, etc.) It has been a busy, but good, experience.
In the midst of trying to get as much done at home as humanly possible, we have found ourselves in a few stores. This week I shopped at CVS, Walmart (twice), Dollar Tree, and one local chain. If you are new to my weekly budgeting posts, you can catch the original story here. As always, our weekly menu is posted below.
Walmart (trip #1):
- Popchips (5 oz.), Moisturizer (4 oz.), Gluten free pretzels (14.1 oz.), Cheddar cheese soup (10.5 oz.), Pasta (2 lb.), $16.67 after tax, Ibotta rebate, and Checkout 51 rebate
- Total: $16.67
Walmart (trip #2):
- Frosting (12 oz.), Brown sugar (2 lb.), Gluten free pasta (1 lb.), Paper towels (80.66 sq. ft.), Tissues (170 ct), Almond milk (1 gal.), $11.88 after coupons and tax
- Total: $11.88
- Whale crackers (7 oz.), Beans (4 lb.), Tortillas (2 lb.), $6.00
- Total: $6.00
- Candy (1.2 oz.), Toothpaste (4 oz.), $3.28 after tax and coupon
- Total: $3.28, plus I earned $2.99 in Extrabucks to use on my next shopping trip!
- Applesauce (48 oz.), Brownie mix (18.3 oz.), Pasta (4 lb.), Potato chips (21 oz.), Mandarin oranges (11 oz.), Pasta sauce (24 oz.), Baked beans (84 oz.), Peanut butter (1 lb.), Kool-aid (0.16 oz.), Hot dog buns (12 oz.), Animal crackers (11 oz.), Granola bars (4.5 oz.), Pretzels (12 oz.), Tortilla chips (30 oz.), $25.81 after coupon
- Ground beef (3 lb.), Hot dogs (1 lb.), Butter (1 lb.), Milk (2 gal.), Eggs (1.5 doz.), $18.98 after coupons
- Apples (2.31 lb.), Cabbage (3.2 lb.), Carrots (2 lb.), Lettuce (2), Strawberries (1 lb.), Peas & carrots (2 lb.), Peas (1 lb.), Gluten free waffles (9.9 oz.), $16.58
- Total: $61.37
Grand Total: $99.20
Total for March: $251.25
We have $148.75 left for the month. We should just squeak by with enough left for each of the next two weeks’ shopping. As long as nothing crazy comes up.
Muffins, cinnamon swirl bread, Homemade Granola, pancakes, fruits
Sandwiches, rice & beans, Italian dunkers, deviled eggs & crackers, burritos, fruits & veggies
Cheese quesadillas, refried beans, lettuce salad
Spaghetti, lettuce salad
Pizza, lettuce salad, carrots
Scrambled eggs, potato pancakes, applesauce, toast
Hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, baked beans
Chicken & veggie soup, biscuits, lettuce salad
Supper at church (x1)
What are your favorite meatless suppers? Let me know in an email or comment below!