March has begun, and we just barely squeaked in under budget this February. Since spring is slowly making an appearance, we should see some produce sales that will help things a bit. I hope so, at least.
This week I shopped at three stores: Walmart and two local chains. In addition, my order of forty pounds of chicken from Zaycon shows up tomorrow. I am deducting the final third of that cost today.
If you are new to my budgeting posts, you can catch the original story here. As always, our weekly menu is listed at the end of today’s post.
- Chicken breasts (40 lb.), $22.53
Local Chain #1:
- Bananas (2.02 lb.), Frozen pizzas (79.2 oz.), Cheese (3 lb.), $12.15
- Total: $11.98 after reusable bag discount
- Almond milk (1 gal.), Pasta sauce (48 oz.), Gluten free bagels (27.8 oz.), Eggs (1 doz.), Gluten free pasta (2 lb.), Yogurt (5.3 oz.), $13.90 after Checkout 51 and Ibotta rebates
- Total: $13.90
Local Chain #2:
- Salt (26 oz.), Tomato soup (10.5 oz.), Gatorade (32 oz.), Salsa (2 lb.), Peanut butter (1 lb.), Raisins (20 oz.), Tuna (10 oz.), $10.12 after coupons
- Apples (2.37 lb.), Lettuce (2), Pears (2.19 lb.), Strawberries (2 lb.), Peas & carrots (1 lb.), Corn (1 lb.), $13.55
- Milk (2 gal.), Tortillas (1 lb.), Ham (0.55 lb.), Pasta (1 lb.), Tortilla chips (30 oz.), $15.90
- Total: $39.57
Grand Total: $87.98
We had a very small carryover from February: $12.76. That means we now have $324.78 left to spend in March. That should be plenty to get us through, especially since I am going to be inundated with chicken starting tomorrow.
Toast, Homemade Granola, muffins, pancakes, fruit
Burritos, sandwiches, rice & beans, Italian dunkers, deviled eggs & crackers, fruits & veggies
Homemade Cheese Pizza, lettuce salad
Beefy rice, peas & carrots, applesauce
Ham sandwiches on Homemade Bread, carrots, raisins
Chicken nuggets, rice, green beans, lettuce salad
Chicken & cheese quesadillas, salsa & lettuce, corn
Spaghetti, lettuce salad
Supper at church (x1)
What is on the menu at your house this week? Let me know in an email or comment below!