Last week was a wonderful, relaxed spring break for our family. I crossed many items off my to-do list, I avoided leaving the house as much as possible, and I studied a whole bunch for my upcoming CLEP test.
This week has been a little less relaxing. Between trying to find a new dance school for next year (ours is closing–insert huge, sad emoji), figuring out public & private school commitments for the girls’ music classes next year, attending concerts, and figuring out general spring scheduling issues, we have been swamped. Really swamped.
Thankfully, grocery shopping was easy. I spent more than I wanted. Next week, we will be eating mostly from the pantry. I shopped at Costco and two local chains this week. If you are new to my weekly budgeting posts, you can catch the original story here. As always, our weekly menu is listed below.
- Flour (25 lb.), Oatmeal (10 lb.), Almond milk (1.5 gal.), Veggie straws (25 oz.), Milk (2 gal.), Mozzarella (5 lb.), $44.43
- Total: $44.43
Local Chain #1:
- Pasta sauce (24 oz.), Butter (1 lb.), $3.50
- Total: $3.50
Local Chain #2:
- Pasta (2 lb.), Salsa (2 lb.), Tomato soup (10.5 oz.), Animal crackers (10 oz.), Pretzels (12 oz.), Tortilla chips (20 oz.), Gluten free bread (14.1 oz.), $12.87 after coupon and Checkout 51 rebate
- Bratwurst (14 oz.), Eggs (1 doz.), Biscuits (15 oz.), $4.07 after coupon
- Bananas (1.85 lb.), Apples (2.67 lb.), Lettuce (3), Oranges (2.9 lb.), Potatoes (8 lb.), Corn (1 lb.), Green beans (2 lb.), Mixed veggies (2 lb.), $19.93
- Total: $36.87
Grand Total: $84.80
Total for March: $336.05
We have $63.95 left to spend this month. If we eat what we actually have in the house (which is a lot of food), we will have no problem staying within the budget. On the bright side, with less money left in the budget, there is less need for me to wander around the store. Yay!
Homemade Baked Oatmeal, toast, muffins, pancakes, fruit
Sandwiches, rice & beans, hard boiled eggs & crackers, Italian dunkers, fruits & veggies
Beefy rice with peas, lettuce salad
Potato & pork soup, Homemade Bread, lettuce salad
Homemade Mac & Cheese, lettuce salad, green beans
Black bean burritos, salsa & corn, lettuce salad
Chicken salad sandwiches, lettuce salad, mixed veggies
Supper at church (x1)
Is your spring schedule pretty wild? Let me know in an email or comment below!