It was a close call with the budget this month. I am not even really sure where all the money went–but it is gone. Thankfully, I actually forgot to make a quick trip into one of the stores on my list this week. That helped the budget out and we adapted the menu accordingly.
This week, I shopped at three stores: CVS, Dollar Tree, and one local chain. If you are new to my weekly budgeting posts, you can catch the original story here. As always, our weekly menu is listed at the end.
- Dental floss (87.4 yd.), Maxi pads (22 ct.), $8.81 after coupons and tax
- Total: $8.81, plus I earned $13.00 in Extrabucks to use on my next shopping trip
- Salsa (16 oz.), Tomato soup (10.5 oz.), Cereal (12 oz.), Peanut butter (2 lb.), Corn syrup (32 oz.), Macaroni (1 lb.), Teriyaki sauce (10 oz.), Tortilla chips (30 oz.), Gluten free bread (28.6 oz.), $19.06 after coupons and Checkout 51 rebate
- Bananas (1.95 lb.), Parsley (1 oz.), Apples (3.57 lb.), Carrots (1 lb.), Celery (1), Lettuce (2), Oranges (3.1 lb.), Mushrooms (8 oz.), Sunflower seeds (0.95 lb.), $17.75 after Checkout 51 rebate
- Ice cream (6 oz.), Hashbrowns (2 lb.), Milk (2 gal.), Parmesan cheese (8 oz.), Eggs (1.5 doz.), $14.39 after coupon
- Total: $51.20
- Tortillas (2 lb.), AAA batteries (10 ct.), $2.75 after Ibotta rebate
- Total: $2.75
Grand Total: $64.51
Total for March: $400.81
So I overspent by eighty-one cents. I know there was an overcharge at the local chain this week by a little bit. I indulged and bought a few snacks we probably did not need. I made a trip to Costco. In the end, we were almost dead-on. We will start April on Saturday with $399.19 available to spend.
Muffins, toast, Homemade Granola, pancakes, fruit
Sandwiches, burritos, hard-boiled eggs & crackers, rice & beans, Homemade Mac & Cheese, fruits & veggies
Asian noodles with chicken & veggies, lettuce salad
Potato soup, Homemade Bread, lettuce salad
Chicken & cheese quesadillas, salsa & corn, lettuce salad
Scrambled eggs, toast, hashbrowns, applesauce
Hamburgers on Homemade Buns, mashed potatoes, lettuce salad
Fish, rice, peas, lettuce salad
Supper at church (x1)
What is on the menu at your house this week? Let me know in an email or comment below!