Hooray for light shopping weeks! We are on break from school all week, and even though I have had the time to go shopping all around town, it has not been necessary. Instead, I spent hours upon hours altering a dance costume, baked all kinds of food, caught up on my mending pile, and finished note-taking for my next CLEP test.
Needless to say, I have not been bored. I did end up at the store three times: once to one local chain, twice to another. If you are new to my weekly budgeting posts, you can catch the original story here. As always, our weekly menu plan is listed below.
Local Chain #1 (first trip):
- Corn (60 oz.), Green beans (30 oz.), Peas (30 oz.), Brown sugar (2 lb.), Baked beans (28 oz.), Spaghetti sauce (48 oz.), Brownie mix (18.4 oz.), Raisins (12 oz.), Tomato soup (10.5 oz.), Animal crackers (10 oz.), Pretzels (12 oz.), Tortilla chips (40 oz.), Gluten free pasta (1 lb.), Gluten free bread (14.3 oz.), $24.27 after coupons
- Ham (6.54 lb.), Whipped topping (8 oz.), Milk (1 gal.), Butter (2 lb.), Eggs (2 doz.), Deli ham (1.05 lb.), Almond milk (1 gal.), Coco whip (9 oz.), $28.75 after coupons
- Carrots (1 lb.), Potatoes (5 lb.), Lettuce (2), Strawberries (2 lb.), $10.74
- Total: $63.76
Local Chain #1 (second trip):
- Lasagna noodles (16 oz.), Cottage cheese (24 oz.), Aluminum foil (40 sq. feet), Granola bars (4.5 oz.), Onion powder (2.5 oz.), Gluten free pretzels (8 oz.), Gluten free bread (14.3 oz.), $16.42 after tax
- Total: $16.42
Local Chain #2:
- Pears (2.65 lb.), Apples (2.75 lb.), Oranges (3.17 lb.), $8.23 after Checkout 51 rebate
- Total: $8.23
Grand Total: $88.41
After taking last week’s spending out of the budget too, we now have $202.31 left to spend this month. April is going fast, and we have about half of the budget left. I suspect we will be in good shape. Yay!
Toast, Homemade Granola, muffins, fruits
Rice & beans, sandwiches, hard-boiled eggs & crackers, fruits & veggies
Easter Dinner: Ham, mashed potatoes with gravy, Homemade Buns, green beans, lettuce salad, apple pie
Homemade Mushroom & Cheese Pizza, lettuce salad
Baked beans with ground beef, corn, biscuits
Chicken & rice, peas, lettuce salad
Lasagna, lettuce salad
Dinner with Family (x2)
What are you eating this Sunday when you celebrate Easter? Let me know in an email or comment below!