Easter weekend was a whirlwind for our family. We traveled back to northern Minnesota and spent time with family. Todd helped both of our dads with projects. The girls enjoyed time with their grandparents. I shopped at Aldi. Because of course.
Once we were home, our break from school was over and it was time to hit the ground running. We are in the process of figuring out new dance classes for summer and fall, wrapping up our last five weeks of the school year, and preparing for all the spring programs. It is a wonderful, busy time.
Also, I nearly leaped for joy while shopping at Costco this week. They have brought back my favorite tortilla chips, and I am over the moon. The tortilla chips I have been purchasing from our local chain are absolutely disgusting, and I am too cheap to get the good ones. Since tortilla chips are one of the least expensive gluten and dairy free snack foods around, I go through a lot of them.
This week, I shopped at five stores: Costco, Walmart, CVS, Aldi, and one local chain. If you are new to my weekly budgeting posts, you can catch the original story here. As always, our menu is listed at the end.
- Flour (25 lb.), Tortilla chips (96 oz.), Milk (2 gal.), Red pepper flakes (10 oz.), Yeast (2 lb.), $27.03
- Total: $27.03
- Dish soap (12.6 oz.), Shampoo (12 oz.), Moisturizer (9.6 oz.), Maxi pads (44 ct.), $21.34 after tax and coupons
- Total: $21.34 plus I earned $5 Extrabucks to use on my next shopping trip!
- Salsa (48 oz.), Marinade (12.25 oz.), Snack crackers (12 oz.), Gluten free bread (14.3 oz.), $9.88 after coupons
- Taco meat (12 oz.), Milk (1 gal.), Almond milk (1 gal.), $9.65 after coupon
- Apples (2.64 lb.), Tomatoes (1.14 lb.), Potatoes (8 lb.), Oranges (4 lb.), Lettuce (2), Carrots (2 lb.), Bananas (2.3 lb.), Corn (2 lb.), Green beans (2 lb.), Peas (1 lb.), Spinach (10 oz.), $21.09 after tax & Checkout 51 rebate
- Total: $40.62
- Gluten free pasta (2 lb.), Lemon juice (32 oz.), Nail polish (0.45 oz.), Nail files (2 ct.), Distilled water (1 gal.), $11.24 after Ibotta rebate
- Total: $11.24
We forgot to take a picture when we got home.
- Brown sugar (4 lb.), Tomato soup (42 oz.), Gluten free pretzels (8 oz.), Pretzels (1 lb.), Pasta sauce (48 oz.), Peanut butter (36 oz.), Saltines (2 lb.), $13.58
- Total: $13.58
Grand Total: $113.81
April Total: $311.50
We have $88.50 left in the budget. This should be plenty, especially since much of what I bought this week was to restock the pantry. Hooray for a happy budget!
Muffins, Homemade Granola, toast, pancakes, fruit
Sandwiches, burritos, rice & beans, deviled eggs & crackers, Homemade Mac & Cheese, fruits & veggies
Ham & potato soup, lettuce salad, Homemade Buns
Homemade Cheese Pizza, lettuce salad
Chicken, rice pilaf, green beans, lettuce salad
Chickpea potpie, lettuce salad
Homemade Chicken & Spinach Calzones, lettuce salad
Sloppy Joes, Homemade Oven Fries, peas
Have you found any great grocery deals lately? Let me know in an email or comment below!