We were able to stay under budget this month. Just barely…but still, we did it. I was even able to score some deals of meat this week, so that makes me happy.
This week I shopped at three stores: Target, Dollar Tree, & one local chain. I rarely shop at Target, but they have a brand of beauty product that I cannot find anywhere else locally. It is expensive, but one tube will probably last about six months.
If you are new to my weekly budgeting posts, you can catch the original story here. As always, our weekly menu is listed below.
- Pinto beans (24 oz.), black beans (2 lb.), $3.00
- Total: $3.00
- Facial soap (4 oz.), $10.74 with tax
- Total: $10.74
- Water (101.4 oz.), Mayo (60 oz.), Baked beans (28 oz.), Pasta sauce (24 oz.), Pasta (3 lb.), Mac & cheese (7.25 oz.), Tortillas (1 lb.), Peanut butter (32 oz.), Baking powder (8.1 oz.), Salsa (16 oz.), Cereal (12 oz.), Potato chips (10.5 oz.), Tortilla chips (11.5 oz.), Cookies (11 oz.), Bear cookies (12 oz.), $20.97 after coupons
- Pork chops (2.97 lb.), Bacon (2 lb.), Milk (1 gal.), Eggs (1 doz.), Almond milk (1 gal.), Gluten free buns (14.3 oz.), Gluten free bread (14.3 oz.), $32.14
- Carrots (1 lb.), Tomatoes (1.19 lb.), Apples (2.89 lb.), Strawberries (2 lb.), Mushrooms (8 oz.), Lettuce (1), Cabbage (2.87 lb.), $14.52 after Checkout 51 rebate
- Total: $67.63
Grand Total: $81.37
Total for April: $392.87
Just in case we have an emergency run to the grocery store, we have $7.13 left in the coffers. I find it unlikely we will need to spend it, so we should have that little bit left to carry over into May. This makes me happy.
Toast, Homemade Granola, muffins, fruit
Sandwiches, burritos, deviled eggs & crackers, rice & beans, fruits & veggies
Spaghetti, lettuce salad
Cheese quesadillas, refried beans, lettuce salad
BLTs on Homemade Bread, baked beans, coleslaw
Homemade Beef & Mushroom Pizza, coleslaw
Pork chops, mashed potatoes, Homemade Bread, lettuce salad
Diner with family (x1)
What’s on the menu at your house? Let me know in an email or comment below!