Spring has finally arrived in the Northern Plains! Hooray for blooming apple trees, green grass, and no more coats! I passed another CLEP exam this week. Two down, four to go. The kids finish up dance, school, and music activities in three weeks. The end is in sight. Summer (and camping trips!) will be here soon.
This week I shopped at four stores: Dollar Tree, Walmart, CVS, and one local chain. This was the week that my family ran out of everything. Shampoo, deodorant, razors, toilet paper(!!), paprika, hair spray, and salt, to name a few items on the list. Thankfully, I have secret stashes, emergency supplies, and a few sample products laying around. No one went without, but I had to buy a few more things than anticipated. Next week will be the same.
If you are new to my weekly budgeting posts, you can catch the original store here. As always, our menu is listed below.
- Hair spray (4 oz.), Tortillas (3 lb.), Garlic powder (2.5 oz.), Paprika (3.17 oz.), Conditioner (36 oz.), $8.23 after tax
- Total: $8.23
- Milk (1 gal.), Salt (26 oz.), $3.82 after Ibotta rebates
- Total: $3.82
- Shampoo (23.7 oz.), Razor (1), Razor refill cartridges (12 ct.), Maxipads (94 ct.), Pantiliners (20 ct.), $32.46 after coupons and tax
- Total: $32.46 plus I earned $6 Extrabucks to use on my next shopping trip!
- Pasta sauce (48 oz.), Corn syrup (32 oz.), BBQ sauce (18 oz.), Peanuts (1 lb.), Raisins (20 oz.), Potato chips (11 oz.), Cumin (2 oz.), Pretzels (12 oz.), Animal crackers (11 oz.), Teddy bear cookies (24 oz.), Veggie straws (14 oz.), Gluten free bread (17 oz.), $25.66 after coupons
- Pepperoni (6 oz.), Milk (1 gal.), Eggs (1 doz.), Ham (0.54 lb.), Almond milk (0.5 gal.), $12.72
- Strawberries (1 lb.), Tomatoes (0.95 lb.), Onion (0.59 lb.), Lettuce (1), Oranges (2.38 lb.), Apples (3.02 lb.), Cilantro (1 bunch), Mushrooms (8 oz.), Corn (2 lb.), $16.67 after Checkout 51 rebate
- Total: $55.05
Grand Total: $99.56
Total for May: $172.65
We have $227.35 left to spend in May. I have a Zaycon order coming in soon and a few more items from our restock the pantry list to purchase, so that will make a dent in the budget. We will be fine for the rest of the month, but I will need to watch sales and deals closely.
Toast, Homemade Granola, muffins, pancakes, fruit
Burritos, sandwiches, Italian dunkers, rice & beans, eggs & crackers, fruits & veggies
Spaghetti, lettuce salad
Tex-Mex chicken salad, tortilla chips
Chicken quesadillas, refried beans, corn
Homemade Macaroni & Cheese, green beans, lettuce salad
Ham sandwiches on Homemade Bread, carrots, raisins
Hamburger gravy over mashed potatoes, carrots, Homemade Bread
Homemade Mushroom & Pepperoni Pizza, lettuce salad
What is on the menu at your house? Let me know in an email or comment below!