My, oh, my, has the time flown by this week. We are on break from school at our house–an annual tradition we always follow the week before our spring dance recital. There are only two weeks left in our school year and my Type A personality would really like to just. push. though. But we need the break. Life is just too distracting.
It is just as well. One of the girls got orthodontia this week. Another is nursing an ankle injury that she insists will not prevent her from dancing this weekend. The third is celebrating how close she is to the end of at-home occupational therapy techniques.
I got a much needed haircut (and am donating my hair again). Three times now. I baked. I planned. I attended a dance recital, dance rehearsal, school program, and all the sorts of things that remind us May is here.
I found a brand of “cheese” that tastes not disgusting on pizza. I bought (and used!!) an Instant Pot. Love that thing. With Todd’s help, I troubleshot how to keep a hat stuck to the head of a kid tap-dancing in the persona of the Blues Brothers. IKEA non-skid stair tape, who knew? And we celebrated Mother’s Day. Brownies and fro-yo. It was pretty awesome.
In the middle of all that, I did some shopping. We went to Dollar Tree, Walmart, CVS, Costco, and two local chains (one of them twice). The spending did not get too out of hand, considering how much time was spent in stores.
If you are new to my weekly budgeting posts, you can catch the original story here. As always, our weekly menu is posted down below.
- Oatmeal (10 lb.), Milk (2 gal.), Mozzarella (5 lb.), Almond milk (1.5 gal.), Tortilla chips (6 lb.), Gluten free flour (5 lb.), $47.84
- Total: $47.84
- Toilet paper (54 ct.), $21.92 after coupons, tax, and Checkout 51/Ibotta rebates
- Total: $21.92 plus I earned $10 Extrabucks for my next shopping trip
I did not get a picture.
- Spaghetti sauce (48 oz.), Tomato soup (10.5 oz.), $2.78
- Total: $2.78
- Pinto beans (3 lb.), Black beans (2 lb.), $4.00
- Total: $4.00
Local Chain #1:
- Salad dressing (32 oz.), Eggs (2 doz.), $3.30
- Total: $3.30
Local Chain #2 (first trip):
- Ice cream (1.75 qt.), “Ice cream” (1 pt.), “Cheese” (7.8 oz.), $8.92 after coupon
- Total: $8.92
Local Chain #2 (second trip):
- Lemonade (19 oz.), Baked beans (56 oz.), Applesauce (48 oz.), Clif Bar (2.5 oz.), Gluten free bread (17 oz.), $8.96 after coupons
- Tomatoes (1.43 lb.), Oranges (3.14 lb.), Bananas (1.39 lb.), Cucumbers (1), Apples (2.93 lb.), Lettuce (3), $14.71
- Cheddar cheese (2 lb.), Butter (1 lb.), Ham (0.52 lb.), $11.77
- Total: $35.44
Grand Total: $124.20
Total for May: $296.85
We have $103.15 left for the month. It is not a lot, but we can make it work. Especially since we have done so much stocking up on pantry staples lately.
Oatmeal, toast, muffins, fruit
Burritos, sandwiches, eggs & crackers, rice & beans, enchiladas, fruits & veggies
Pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns, oranges
Homemade Mac & Cheese, salad, peas
Ham sandwiches, cucumbers, applesauce
Homemade Cheese Pizza, salad
Baked pork & beans, biscuits, salad
Eat Out (x1)
What is on the menu at your house this week? Let me know in an email or comment below!