We spent a lot of money at the grocery stores this week. Ugh. It was bound to happen after a couple of weeks of lighter spending, but still. Ugh.
We have cushion in the budget for these spending trips, and some of the items purchased were stashed away for our trip to Florida this summer. I am not too uncomfortable with that.
If you are new to my weekly budgeting posts, you can read the original story here. This week I shopped at two local chains and Costco. At the end of today’s post, I have written our family’s weekly menu plan.
Local Chain #1:
- Bacon (2 lb.), Cheese (1 lb.), $7.99
- Grapes (2.52 lb.), $4.26
- Total: $12.25
Local Chain #2:
- Candy bars (3.9 oz.), Pasta (2 lb.), Pork & beans (3 lb.), Potato chips (19 oz.), Pasta sauce (46 oz.), Sandwich cookies (14.3 oz.), Soynuts (0.72 lb.), Bandages (60 ct.), $14.50 after coupons and tax
- Cantaloupe (2), Baby carrots (2 lb.), Romaine lettuce (3), Strawberries (2 lb.), Watermelon (1), Green beans (2 lb.), Peas & carrots (1 lb.), Mixed veggies (1 lb.), Peas (2 lb.), Corn (4 lb.), $28.42 after coupons
- Milk (1 gal.), Cheese (1.5 lb.), Deli ham (0.55 lb.), Almond milk (1 gal.), $17.18 after coupons
- Total: $60.10
- Tortilla chips (3 lb.), Trail mix bars (59.2 oz.), Gluten free bread (34.6 oz.), $20.92 after coupon and Ibotta rebate
- Milk (2 gal.), Lactose free milk (1.5 gal.), Trash bags (200 ct.), $27.09 after tax
- Total: $48.01
Grand Total: $120.36
May Budget Remaining: $150.16
I feel a little overrun with fruit right now. We eat it, though, and it is good for us. As a nice side effect, we are not eating very many overly processed foods from the Dollar Tree. So it is a win-win.
Cottage cheese, oatmeal, toast w/peanut butter, yogurt, granola, cereal, eggs, pancakes, fruit
Rice & beans, sandwiches, cheese quesadillas, Homemade Mac & Cheese, fruits & veggies
Quinoa & chicken, lettuce salad, grapes
Lentil spaghetti, watermelon
Ham sandwiches, carrots, apples
Chicken & rice, lettuce salad, green beans
Fish, French fries, biscuits, mixed veggies
Bratwurst, potato chips, baked beans
Chili mac, lettuce salad
Which produce sales are you most excited about now that summer is almost here? Send me an email or comment below!