I spent a fair amount of time at the store this week. We needed a couple of things at Costco (always a budget buster) and then the regular staples from my usual stores. The menu is pretty simple this week. I take a CLEP test next Monday and we are gearing up for the girls’ spring dance recital. Dinners have to be fast and easy.
Since my last budgeting post, I shopped at Costco, CVS, Dollar Tree, and two local chains. If you are new to my weekly updates, you can catch the original story here. As always, our family’s menu for the week is posted below.
- Milk (2 gal.), Vegetable oil (6 qt.), Tortilla chips (6 lb.), Almond milk (1.5 gal.), $28.61 after Ibotta rebate
- Total: $28.61
- Ponytails (18 ct.), $0.00 after coupon
- Total: $0.00
Local Chain #1:
- Spaghetti sauce (48 oz.), Eggs (2 doz.), $3.16
- Total: $3.16
I forgot to take a picture.
- Cinnamon (3 oz.), Tortillas (2 lb.), $2.75 after Ibotta rebate
- Total: $2.75
Local Chain #2:
- Raisins (20 oz.), Tortillas (1 lb.), Pretzels (12 oz.), Oatmeal bowls (1 lb.), Gluten free bread (14.1 oz.), $8.46 after coupons
- Bratwurst (16 oz.), Ham (0.59 lb.), $6.12
- Oranges (3.4 lb.), Zucchini (0.66 lb.), Apples (3.38 lb.), Potatoes (10 lb.), Red pepper (1), Strawberries (2 lb.), Lettuce (2), Carrots (4 lb.), Cauliflower (1), Corn (1 lb.), Mixed veggies (1 lb.), Peas (2 lb.), $31.12 after Checkout 51 rebate
- Total: $45.70
Grand Total: $80.22
May Total: $73.09
We had $7.13 left in the budget at the end of April. After I deducted that from this week’s total, we have $326.91 left for the month of May. Not a bad way to start the month!
Muffins, Homemade Granola, toast, pancakes, fruit
Sandwiches, quesadillas, eggs & crackers, rice & beans, fruits & veggies
Chicken noodle casserole, lettuce salad
Roasted sausage & veggies, Homemade Bread
Homemade Mac & Cheese, lettuce salad, peas
Homemade Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza, lettuce salad
Bean burritos, corn, lettuce salad
Ham sandwiches, carrots, raisins
Scalloped potatoes with ham, biscuits, lettuce salad
What is on the menu at your house this week? Let me know in an email or comment below!