My weekly budget posts have almost always happened on Thursday since we started the blog nearly a year ago. This week, I am two days behind. I feel bad about it, but there were some distractions in our family.
First, we had this little thing called Lyme’s Disease hit the house. Between clinic visits, a very strict eating regimen designed to keep food and water down, and general mom-nursing duties, I was a bit busy for a couple days this week. The good news is that we caught it early and our youngest daughter will be a-ok in a few weeks. In fact, if she did not have the tell-tale bull’s eye rash on the side of her face, I do not think anyone could tell she is sick anymore. She is recovering quickly.
Second, we are in the early stages of researching a large purchase. If we follow through with it, everyone can be certain the ins and outs of our research process will show up on the blog. For now, I will just say that we have been a bit tied up determining what exactly we want.
If you are new to my budgeting posts, you can read the original story here. This week, I shopped at one local chain twice. I ended up with the second trip to the store to pick up baking supplies for 4H judging. As usual, I have our weekly menu written at the end of the post.
Local Chain Trip #1:
- Baking powder (12 oz.), Herbal tea (20 ct.), Pumpkin pie filling (15 oz.), Chocolate chips (12 oz.), Honey (12 oz.), $11.48 after tax
- Bananas (1.25 lb.), Raspberries (0.5 pt.), Lemons (3), $5.35
- Ice cream sandwiches (21 oz.), Greek yogurt (5.3 oz.), Cream cheese (1 lb.), Milk (1 gal.), $12.34 after coupon
- Total: $29.17
Local Chain Trip #2:
- Borax (65 oz.), Salsa (32 oz.), Tortillas (2 lb.), Rice cakes (4.9 oz.), Toaster pastries (11 oz.), Toilet paper (12 ct.), Paper towel (8 ct.), Gluten-free pasta (24 oz.), Taco shells (13.5 oz.), Toothpaste (6.4 oz.), Fels Naptha (5 oz.), Conditioner (12.5 oz.), $28.90 after coupons and tax
- Chicken breasts (5 lb.), Eggs (18 ct.), Greek yogurt (5.3 oz.), Almond milk (0.5 gal.), $12.31
- Apples & oranges (5 lb.), Cantaloupe (3), Strawberries (2 lb.), Lettuce (1), Peaches (2.19 lb.), Tomatoes (0.94 lb.), $22.00
- Total: $63.21
Grand Total: $92.38
Total Remaining for July: $170.06
I feel good about this much money left in the budget. We only have two weeks left of the month, so we should be fine.
Muffins, toast, oatmeal, omelets, bacon, fruit
Quesadillas, sandwiches, burritos, fruits & veggies, leftovers
Spaghetti, lettuce salad
Chicken pasta salad, melon, lettuce salad
Pancakes, melon, lettuce salad
Calico beans, breadsticks, melon, lettuce salad
Cheeseburger pizza on Homemade Crust, lettuce salad
Chicken salad sandwiches, carrots, French fries
How do you keep your grocery budget where you want? Send me an email or comment below!