Our family has been busy with lots of “stuff” this week. A quick camping trip. Two birthday parties. 4H. Dance. And yet, it has felt oddly quiet. We have not been harried or rushed. As a nice side benefit, shopping has been easy, too.
This week I went to CVS, Walmart, and a local chain (twice). As you will see in a few paragraphs, the $400 budget for this month is nearly gone. We will go over for the month of September. We will be less over budget than we were in August, though. I think we will catch up completely in October.
If you are new to my budgeting posts, you can catch the original story here. As always, our weekly menu is written at the end of today’s post.
Local Chain (Trip #1):
- Pineapple (1), Lettuce (1), Cabbage (2.34 lb.), Carrots (2 lb.), Oranges (2.45 lb.), $11.77 after Checkout 51 rebate
- Eggs (1.5 doz.), Cheese (8 oz.), $3.19
- Total: $14.96 after reusable bag discount
Local Chain (Trip #2):
- Canola oil (48 oz.), Eggs (1 doz.), $4.58
- Lettuce (2), Celery (1), Carrots (2 lb.), Pears (2.22 lb.), Oranges (2.46 lb.), Apples (2.41 lb.), Cabbage (3.62 lb.), Mixed veggies (3 lb.), $20.28
- Total: $24.76 after reusable bag discount
- Toilet paper (48 double rolls), Toothpaste (8.4 oz.), Gummy bears (4 oz.), $22.54 after tax and coupons
- Total: $22.54 plus I received $10.50 in Extrabucks to use on my next shopping trip
- Milk (3 gal.), Almond milk (1 gal.), Ice cream (1.75 qt.), Chicken breast (3 lb.), Hot dogs (2.5 lb.), Lunch meat (14 oz.), $32.09 after Ibotta rebates
- Crackers (1 lb.), Pasta (3 lb.), Tortilla chips (2 lb.), Potato chips (2 lb.), Spaghetti sauce (24 oz.), Tomato soup (10.75 oz.), Onions (2.28 lb.), Apples (2.52 lb.), Potatoes (8 lb.), $24.28 after Ibotta rebates
- Total: $56.37
Grand Total: $118.63
September Total: $394.81
We have $5.19 left to spend in September. Sigh. Enough said.
Burritos, noodles with beans, eggs, crackers, sandwiches, Homemade Mac & Cheese, fruits & veggies
Chicken salad sandwiches, mashed potatoes, lettuce salad
Quesadillas, lettuce salad, baked potatoes
Turkey sandwiches, carrots, pears
Rice & beans, lettuce salad
Hot dogs on Homemade Buns, potato chips, coleslaw
Chicken vegetable soup, crackers, lettuce salad
Spaghetti, lettuce salad
Do you have a favorite soup recipe you start making in the fall? Let me know in an email or comment below!